Wednesday 8 January 2014

My 2014 beauty wish list





Estee lauder vivid shine lipstick in pink riot £20
I have been on a mission to find the right lipstick for me for… well a very long time to say the least. I bought by first lipstick when I was around 15. I still use it to this day on the odd occasion but I can safely say it was definitely not very me. It was a deep matte red by Revlon. I bought it in my whole ‘everything about my makeup has to be as matte as possible stage’ I’m sure if I looked back my face probably looked like a chalk board. Anyway back to 2014 and I realised after reading sooooo many other beauty blogs that really there is only two brands of lipstick you NEED to have in your collection. That’s MAC (of course) and estee lauder. The type of lipsticks I love are a nourishing and moisturising lipstick as I have the driest lips ever. My favourite lipstick I own to date is a max factor lipstick, I love it because it feels like I’m putting vaseline on my lips. I was searching on the estee lauder website and the words “vivid shine” stood out to me. I HAD to see what shades there were available. Pink riot was definitely a stand out choice because of it’s gorgeous coral/pink shade. My mother has always told me I don’t suit red lipstick because of my pinky/medium skin tone, so I really think this colour will suit me down to the ground.

Mac brush 266 £16.50
There isn’t much of a story behind this one I’m afraid, my current eyebrow brush isn’t much to shout about, this one looks perfect to tame my unruly brows. The price tag is slightly more than I was willing to pay though. I may have to do some more research to see if there are any others similar to this on the market.

High beam £19.50
The kind of look I am aiming to achieve for the perfect day look is basically ‘I just got back from an amazing holiday in the Caribbean and my skin is just glowing from all the smoothies I drank’ when really my skin hasn’t seen the light of day for a month because it’s January. Anything that helps give me a glow I’m willing to try. I’ve used sun beam by benefit before and I loved the formula, so I just thought I would try the others from the range to see how they compare.

Bumble and bumble curl conscious smoothing shampoo and conditioner £18.50 + £20
Okay so this one is a long shot. I’m still not prepared to pay a total of £38.50 for a shampoo and conditioner,  but everyone is raving about bumble and bumble… It’s difficult not to want to know what everyone is raving about. My hair at the moment is a bit Kate Middleton when really I’d love it to be more Sophia Vergara. It’s worth a try!

Dramatically different moisturising lotion or gel £29.50
I am on the lookout for a moisturiser that makes my skin feel like heaven, big ask I know. As it’s winter I feel like hydrating my skin should be up on my list of priorities. What I have found so far with moisturisers I have tried (elemis, ren, simple) is that they don’t feel like they’re really sinking into my skin to hydrate past the first level. 99% of 148 reviewers said they would recommend it to a friend. I really want to try the gel  as I’ve never tried a moisturising gel before.

Smashbox photo finish primer trio £25
I’m really keen to try these. They come in sample size tubes so you can see which primer is best for you. The original is one of the best primers on the market but the hydrating and luminizing primer sound right up my street. It will be interesting to see the results.

Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment mask £14.75
I LOVED the Liz Earle Hot polish cleanser and was on the lookout for a face mask for a more intensive treatment for the odd pamper day, this looks perfect as it’s the same principle as the hot polish cleanser. I can’t wait to get this one.

Bare minerals eye palette in ‘The happy place’ £29.00

The bare minerals eye palettes are amazing. I already own ‘The truth’ palette which consists of neutral colours, but lately I have been loving cranberry/peachy shades. 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that high beam is such a lovely product! But there are great (sometimes even better) dupes out there! :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried any which you like? I've tried sun beam and did absolutely love it but if I can find something better that would be perfect! I went to a Bobbi Brown counter the other day and they recommended their tinted eye brightner which is the same price, so I'm torn between the two at the moment.

      Delete