Tuesday 4 February 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


When it comes to foundation, I tend to be very picky. This product is going to be on my skin for long periods of time and I need to know it's not clogging up my pores. Therefore I usually invest in foundation. Past choices have been the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation and various Clinique choices. During my brief stint at University I was forced to change my ways and look for cheaper alternatives. The first lower end foundation I tried was the Bourjois Happy light foundation which I did like and I probably would buy again but obviously being a beauty enthusiast I don't settle until I've tried a fair few many. This foundation took my eye as it was actually on offer at sainsbury's for £5, what a bargain! I have to say, the shade selection is pretty awful. I haven't got pale skin, in fact many people ask me whether I have latino or italian decent. Somehow I ended up buying true ivory which is the second to lightest shade and the lightest - Ivory, probably would have been the perfect match. It has a thick consistency but when applied onto the skin it has a medium coverage which is perfect. It has a slight shimmer which really can only be seen in natural light so it's not too Edward Cullen. 

If you are looking for a foundation on a tight budget, this is the one for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment