Monday 3 March 2014

The Oscars


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My love for the Oscars is bigger than my love for haribos, which is saying a lot. I love looking back at iconic dresses from the past Oscar awards. Some of my favourites include Keira Knightley 2006, Anne Hathaway 2008 and Mila Kunis 2011. This year I was going to do a list of five dresses I loved and five which I hated, but guess what? I didn't hate a single one. This never happens as I'm usually so critical (who am I to talk, hey?) So I thought I'd share the love as I'm feeling super on top of the world this week and do my 8 favourite looks of the night.

8. Margot Robbie
Before this year I had never seen Margot in a film, Wolf of Wall Street changed that for me in a good way. Usually if someone stars as Leo's love interest in a film I'm not usually they're biggest fan (Kate Winslet is certainly not my favourite actress) but Margot changed that, she was a strong independent female and she looked hot doing it. I loved her blonde locks but damn she looks fierce, she's got Jessica Rabbit vibes going on and I loved the detail on the back of the dress. This is one dress I would totally wear myself if I ever had the occasion.

7. Amy Adams
I love the simplicity of this dress, it's structured, it has a gorgeous shape to it and I'm loving navy this season. Not many simply dark dresses tick my box but the geometric shapes give this a modern edge. Amy looks as elegant as ever and her soft pale skin is the perfect contrast to the dark navy.

6. Jennifer Lawrence
I love J-Law, I really do. Last year at every awards show she would have been no.1 in my list. I understand she's growing up into a mature woman and the hair is supposed to show that, but I really don't like it on her. If you put her next to Jane Fonda you'd think they were sisters. I will get over the hair for a minute to talk about the stunning dress though. Red will always be my favourite colour, it can make anyone look a million dollars if done right and this is soooo right. I love the slight peplum to give some shape to the dress and the skirt is the right amount of mermaid without being restrictive. I like this dress a lot.

5. Julia Roberts
Julia, a woman who I get told I look like too often, always gets it right (apart from when she forgot to shave her pits...). She is always equal measures of glamorous and elegant. If I look like her when I'm her age my life would have been a job well done. This dress is the perfect mixture of lace, peplum and halter neck. It gets the thumbs up from me.

4. Angelina Jolie
I've never seen a film with Angelina Jolie in it. I think I only know of one film she's in but of course I know her otherwise. I know her for her rock'n'roll past, her bad ass tattoos and her beautiful family. The main thing I know her for though is her amazing fashion sense. She knows exactly how to pull off a sequin number without it looking OTT. For that reason, this beauty is one of my faves. I need to know what she does to her hair to keep it so glossy!

3. Cate Blanchett
I adore this dress! I'd love to have this as my wedding dress I love it that much. The detailing on the sleeve is what I adore most, it's so simplistic yet so effective at blowing my socks off. The embellishment is also right up my street, so chic.

2. Anne Hathaway
This is very similar to her dress last year but I am not complaining. Anne has found a neckline that suits her perfectly. It makes her look petite and elegant. The embellishment is quite gothic but overall it looks graceful, dainty and stylish. Anne, never sack your stylist, please.

1. Sandra Bullock
Navy + velvet + textures and draping = The recipe for the perfect knock out dress. I love the draping so much, it pours with opulence. Her curly locks top it off. Absolutely Fabulous.



I'm so glad that everyone strayed from the puffy ball gowns this year, what did you think of this years line up?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete